Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Different.. I like DIFFERENT!

I can't believe it has been so long since I have written... I am so sorry!
I will try to be more attentive. I promise.

So an update:
hmm... not much...
Oh, I no longer have television. Well I have A television but no cable. I only get the weather channel. I figure, I am never watching it, if I do watch it, I don't get anything else done, and I am really not happy with the choice in programing... SO I gave it up! Not really much of a sacrifice I must say. It has been 2 weeks and my house is clean, projects (some) finished, and a bunch of magazines read. I read before I sleep, helps me to relax and much better dreams!
I listen to the radio on line! THAT is fun! I find new music and comedy and talk! So no reason to pay for cable.

I am sad that I did something to my blog that messed up my background! I will work on it this week and hopefully get it back to something pretty...

The title of this post is Different. Well as you can see I am different. I don't have cable tv. My blog is different (not intentionally) and I am unique! Ask EVERYONE who knows me. I think different. I just cant conform. It HURTS when I try to!! lol! I guess my brain is just "hot" wired and I LIKE IT!!

Notice in my artwork, aprons and writings.. its not cookie cutter. I like all the popular and common scrapbook items out there. The "branded" and designer (if you will) stuff is all great and good and even pretty but .. for me (YAWN) boring! Where is YOUR imagination? Sure you put your own color on something but that's about it. How about hunting for the items you put on your creations? Anyone can (and everyone does) buy the stuff prepackaged! I guess this is just my little boycott of SAMENESS.

Okay I am stepping off my soap box!

I went to Whole Foods tonight (some say Whole Paycheck) and got the most delicious spring rolls yumm!!

I will post more soon and I promise MORE PICTURES!!

1 comment:

  1. You know? I totally agree about the prepackaged designed stuff for scrapbooking. I want the design to come from me, not from someone cranking out dozens of copycat patterns. Not that they don't do a good job, they're just not me. And I want my stuff to look like me. Am I preaching to the choir here? LOL. But I get it.

    And I love your background, and your blog design, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

sock in the jaw

sock in the jaw
This pic is of a piece that i made a while back. I love the idea of coloring in the black and white pics

Partaaayy

Partaaayy
Fun piece I made. Again using the color on vintage pics

Followers